MINI ace it with the new MINI Aceman
Yes, I know, it was an expected word joke, but I couldn’t resist 🙂 Because I am (forever) a MINI lover. And because it’s totally true. The new concept MINI Aceman (first electric crossover of the brand) is extraordinary: cool, modern, sustainable and… so, so, MINI-style. Below, 6 things to keep in mind about the new MINI Aceman and a lot of pictures to admire it.
“The MINI Concept Aceman provides a glimpse of a completely new vehicle, bridging the space between the MINI Cooper and the MINI Countryman in the future of the model family,” says Stefanie Wurst, Head of MINI. “This concept car reflects how MINI is reinventing itself for its all-electric future and what the brand stands for: an electrified go-kart feel, an immersive digital experience and a strong focus on a minimal environmental footprint.”
#GirlPilot #OnTheRoad #English
The features that make MINI Aceman so lovable (at least, for me, but you are welcome to find new ones) are..
1. It is purely electrically driven, chrome and leather-free and with an entirely new design. “The purely electric vehicle concept means the design can again be geared more towards MINI’s traditional basic values, in terms of the principle of using space creatively,” says Oliver Heilmer, Head of MINI Design. “This creates models that take up little space on the road while offering even more comfort, more versatility and more emotion on the inside than ever before.”
2. The exterior is very cool, like a retro-future car. The bodywork of the MINI Concept Aceman comes in the colour Icy Sunglow Green, a bright turquoise shade. The traditional British Racing Green metallic is used as a contrast colour for the roof. To match, the surround on the lower edge of the bodywork is finished in a dark green hue. Accents in blue and pink-orange emphasise this vehicle’s lively character.
3. The panoramic glass roof features, along with a bronze-coloured, Union Jack-shaped roof rack up top. Mini’s signature Union Jack tail lights remain at the rear, set inside a simplistic clamshell-style tailgate with black badging.
4. Sustainable materials at the inside (and the feel of a Japanese karaoke disco bar). The interior is shaped by minimalistic door panels, a flexible-use central console that reaches into the back, and attractive colour contrasts. The MINI Concept Aceman seats feature a discreet geometry with integrated headrests. Seating surfaces have a lively, three-dimensional look achieved by a combination of textile flat knit, velvet velour and waffle weave, an over-dimensional houndstooth pattern and embroidered X and O graphics. The surfaces are made from sustainable textile materials instead of leather. Just like the exterior, the interior is completely free of chrome elements.
5. It has new digital features to enhance the experience – a dashboard as a DJ panel. For example, imagine moving image projections transferred to the entire dashboard, creating a unique digital experience extending right into the door panels. The dashboard, as a flat design element in the style of a soundbar, extends over the entire width of the interior and forms the ideal stage for the central instrument, which for the first time is designed as a completely round OLED display. The classic toggle switch bar is arranged below, and is reinterpreted in Media information.
6. No to forget the feeling… Even as the user approaches the vehicle, the Mini Companion, a sensor-based animation, delivers a welcome scenario consisting of light effects and sound, that is continued in the interior space after the doors are opened. A holistic user experience.
The Mini Aceman Concept will be presented in-person at the 2022 Gamescom gaming conference in Cologne, Germany on August.
Photography: (C) www.mini.com