Leopoldine: Ioana Ciolacu Spring 2020 Collection
I think I will never get enough of Ioana Ciolacu’s beautiful prints. Or of her beautiful structured maxi skirts, and bold tailoring. Therefore, I look forward to see (live) the whole Ioana Ciolacu spring 2020 collection, named… Leopoldine.
Leopoldine is inspired by Leopoldina Bălănuță , a Romanian actress that lived and performed in theatre and television between 1963–1998.
The Spring 20 Collection is available on ioanaciolacu.com starting December 2019.
Showroom: 35 Berthelot Street, Bucharest, www.ioanaciolacu.com.
The Spring collection unravels the story of Leopoldine, a woman almost unaware of her power and passion, that chooses to only be discovered bit by bit, without overwhelming. An understated vibe powers the feeling of what really lies underneath, allowing gradual layering of pure art. She lives for those intimate moments when she reaches her full potential – a tornado of grace meant to print her memory forever. An icon of a perfect world, she walks the earth as if she does not want to disturb it, but changes it forever by her memorable existence.
About the collection…
- masculine tailoring and luxuriant prints
- a subtle touch of femininity in a color palette that celebrates spring, with sand and summery whites, blacks and indigos.
- a modern approach to tailoring with masculine trousers, structured maxi skirts and reinterpreted pleats
- a series of bold Ioana prints, inspired by the vivid Equatorial animal life
- fully gloved sleeves, dramatic scoop necklines and pleats grace feminine and powerful items, surfacing from tailored jackets and masculine suits.
Photography: (c) Ioana Ciolacu