CHANEL by the Sea
OK. I give up. I really thought that I can focus on my winter holiday, with some snowboarding lesson for now on. Wrong! Karl Lagerfeld made me miss the sea. Again. And again. And made me looking forward for the next summer. Six months, you say?! Well, then I will have enough time then to dream more about the beautiful beach holidays where I can wear the latest pieces Lagerfeld has designed for Chanel spring/summer 2019.
CHANEL spring/summer 2019 pieces will be available on www.chanel.com.
Spring/Summer 2019 collection by CHANEL was, as usual… unusual. This time, Grand Palais was transformed into a dream beach. An idyllic setting complete with sand, azure sky and sea…
The perfect details of CHANEL collection consist in…
- a variety of fabrics running from tweed to chiffon via crêpe, lace, cotton serge, denim, leather and poplin;
- so many colours, from sunshine yellow, golden sand, tan beige, pink, blue, iced mint and mother-of-pearl white with navy blue and black;
- the suit took on new volumes: jackets have wide shoulders and flared sleeves, responding to skirts slit up the side and opening over mini-skirts, or unzipped, oversize trousers;
- jeans go with belted cardigans or swimwear with an asymmetric shoulder;
- oversize tunics with a scooped neckline are open at the back;
- the waterproof coat for summer showers is reinvented as a flared raincoat in plasticised lace;
- the 11.12 bags are dressed in tweed and braid, the BOY CHANEL is back as a saddlebag in leather and tweed patchwork, the minaudières take shape as seashells or little beach balls.
Karl Lagerfeld has fun appropriating the cabin dresses – “robes cabanes” come in a multi-colour pink tweed and lace ruffles. For evening they reappear adorned with an origami of chiffon ribbons. The designer explodes a kaleidoscope of sequinned parasols over a strapless dress and a scintillation of sequinned palm trees over a cage dress in black chiffon. Another dress is embellished with satin bows and ribbons.
Photography: (C) Olivier Saillant, Lucile Perron / www.chanel.com