Do not miss: Azzedine Alaïa: The Couturier
| June 9, 2018
We all loved Azzedine Alaïa. The editors, the models, the photographers. Therefore, this summer, the Design Museum in London presents Azzedine Alaïa: The Couturier, a major exhibition exploring the late designer’s unique creative talent and the timeless beauty of his work.
The exhibition Azzedine Alaïa: The Couturier is opened between 10 May 2018 – 07 October 2018 at the Design Museum, London.
designmuseum.org | newdesignmuseum.tumblr.com
What are the main features of the exhibition Azzedine Alaïa: The Couturier that examines the work of one of the most respected fashion designers in history?
- the exhibition comprises designs stretching throughout Alaïa’s career from the early 1980s to his last creations;
- it contains over 60 rare and iconic garments spanning;
- the pieces include the zipped dress, the bandage dress, the corset belt, the stretch body, perforated leather, as well as iconic pieces made in his early years as a couturier, always with an eye to magnify a woman’s body;
- this exhibition is presented against a backdrop of photography illustrating his life and personal quotes that provide insights into Monsieur Alaïa’s integrity as a designer, his incredible attention to detail and his personal inspirations that encompassed fashion, art, photography, and design;
- dividing the gallery is a series of specially commissioned architectural interventions by leading artists and designers with whom the he entertained a long-term creative dialogue – Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec, Konstantin Grcic, Marc Newson, Kris Ruhs, and Tatiana Trouvé.
Photography: (c) Mark Blower / designmuseum.org
Margiela / Galliera – the exhibition of the designer without a face