Hockney paintings. David LaChapelle works. An entire gallery full of Peter Lindberg photographies for Pirelli calendar. Julian Schnabel images. Lenny Kravitz photographs of his stalkers paparazzi. Tom Sachs, David Koenig, Vik Muniz. And the reasons to go to St. Moritz Art Masters art festival right now aren’t finished yet.
The art festival St. Moritz Art Masters will take place between 25th of August and 3rd September 2017.
The news about the 10th edition, on www.stmoritzartmasters.com
Peter Lindbergh/ Settimo Torinese, 2016 / Copyright: Peter Lindbergh
Joseph Marr/ Vanitas Cola, 2016 / sugar, resin and cola flavor / 100 x 30 x 30 cm / Copyright Joseph Marr, courtesy Galerie Freitag 1830
St. Moritz is not just about ski, watches and the money spirit. The beautiful Swiss city, with its breathtaking Alpine landscape, has always been a meeting point for artists, intellectuals, athletes, business leaders, and bon vivants from around the world. “St. Moritz is a unique place – it’s no surprise to me that it has drawn so many artists. They continuously enrich the Engadine with their creative output”, says Monty Shadow, founder of St. Moritz Art Masters.
David LaChapelle / Statue, 2008 / C-Print, 243,2 x 181,6 cm / Copyright: David LaChapelle
The 10th edition of St. Moritz Art Masters will include:
- A solo exhibition by Serbian- born artist Vladimir Veličković at the Paracelsus Forum.
- At Galerie Robilant + Voena – a solo show of 12 works by British painter David Hockney.
- Works of Julian Schnabel, Tom Sachs, Francesco Clemente, David LaChapelle, Vik Muniz, Wim Delvoye, Richard Long, Mimmo Rotella, Marino Marini, and Lucio Fontana. With large-scale paintings and sculptures this group show of international art superstars will serve as the central exhibition of this year’s jubilee edition of SAM.
Julian Schnabel / Untitled (Antonioni was here), 2010 / oil on polyester / Copyright: Julian Schnabel
- Art from the Pirelli World – the first part of the exhibition features 70 photographs from three Pirelli Calendars (1996, 2002, 2017) photographed by Peter Lindbergh (at Kempinski Grand Hotel des Bains).
- Works by Florian Wagner ( images from Africa from his series “S2 on Safari”) and Lenny Kravitz.
Lenny Kravitz / from the series Flash / Copyright: Lenny Kravitz
- The haunting photographs of Roger Ballen (at Galerie Karsten Greve).
- The group show “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds” at the historic Hotel Bernina 1865 in Samedan, a new group exhibition curated from the renowned Montblanc Art Collection at the School House, the archaic sculptures of Dušan Džamonja (Venice Biennale 1960) at Hotel Kulm, as well as an homage to the African art scene in cooperation with the Imibala Foundation, on view at the Badrutt’s Palace Hotel.
Tom Schmelzer / Homo Bulla, 2009 – 2014 / Installation, Affe, Teppich, Mitra, Bischofskette, Messhemd, Seifenblasenmaschine, Mantel / Foto: Gerd Plitzner, Courtesy: Galerie Freitag 1830
Repeat after me… the name Damir Očko: interview with a contemporary artist