Feeric Fashion Week, back into the spotlight in 2021
The 13th edition of Feeric Fashion Week turned, once again, Sibiu into the world capital of fashion and between July 21st and 25th, guests from all over the world came to Sibiu, to #feelfeeric and to discover new collections in unconventional spaces.
* The first day of individual fashion shows began in the center of Apoldu de Jos, in a beautiful rural atmosphere. Being the first sustainable store from Romania, Eastern Europe, Apoldist offers customers the opportunity to purchase clothes with the help of discounts, in exchange for used items that will be recycled. The presented collection consists of old pieces of clothing, reused, restyled, and thus re-highlighted. (photo UP)
* From the center of the village, the guests set off for the forest near the commune, to present the Hooldra brand. Hooldra is an upcycled clothing brand that uses old items of clothing, which are passed through the hands of artists who bring them back to life before being put up for sale again. The artistic moment was joined by a media campaign initiated by Feeric Fashion Week and Humane Society International in Romania, which aims to stop the use of furs and leather natural in fashion creations.
* The first evening of the individual presentations ended in the beautiful setting of Cetății Street, between the Potters ‘and Carpenters’ towers. Bennu presented its first collection that mixes the traditional with innovation, design and functionality, all in a sustainable direction. The bag collection is distinguished by the fact that it is completely ecological and explores new horizons by using vegan skin, obtained from fruit peel. Along with the bags created from vegan leather, the other part of the collection is made up of bags reused as part of a recycling program.
* Bianca Popp opened the next day at Feeric Fashion Week with the presentation of the Inner Diva collection. Dresses that we would wear on the red carpet of our dreams, in a holiday of lust, in a cruise as an object of desire until the end of the world. The show took place at 1 pm, in the parking lot on the second floor of Promenada Sibiu.
* Then, later, Ramelle presented a new collection in the Golden Square. I AM UNIQUE collection is full of color and harmony, with a minimalist design and architectural details transposed into feminine clothing creations.
* The American brand Bisoulovely showcased an impressive collection of jewelry in the Council Tower. The designers find sources of inspiration from both imagined worlds and natural scenic beauty to create dreamy jewelry akin to wearable magic. Each piece is made from high quality materials, frequently making use of sterling silver, 14 karat gold, and gemstones.
* The last presentation of the day was given by Alist Boutique Designers and took place on the top floor of the building under construction in the Station Square. Alist Designers Boutique is the project initiated by Alist Magazine, which aims to support Romanian designers. With the support of Bucharest Mall Vitan, the project has promoted over 50 Romanian brands in the last two years.
* Kreep Agency is an innovative and interdisciplinary platform focused on unconventional and aesthetic productions. With a key interest in the sustainable aspect of the industry, the brands showcased are ethical, hand-made with an artisan touch. The New Talents by Kreep. collective show was curated and stylized by Sebastian Felix Țopescu and showcased creations made by young designers: clothing by Yun Qu – Videmus Omnia -NYC, United States, Jennifer Moica – Jen MM – Germany, Bags by ZMAI by Nelizabeta – Germania, Aliel Official – Egypt, Scarves by Ralu FineArt – Belgium, Jewelry by Farah Wasi Ghatala, Pakistani-American – House of Wasee – based in California, United States.
* KIKIMRA collection signed by Alexandru Floarea was a collection inspired by the desolate image of New York during the ’70s and’ 80s, reflected in the photographs of the German artist Miron Zownir. The collection allows us to venture into a space beyond what the eye can see. Although poetic, it is at the same time sufficient of real to bother and to make us wonder and reflect.
* In the lobby of the VIP salon at CineGold – Promenada Sibiu, the lingerie brand SETHEI showcased a preview to its collection with elegant design lines and precious accents. SETHEI is a lingerie brand that is shaped around elegant design lines, with fine lines and accents precious, the products being dedicated to a premium – luxury public.
* The last individual presentation took place in Huet Square, and was the last collection of the Blanche & Brownie brand. It was a playful collection, a “garden” collection that does not take into account age, inspired by all the reasons to be discovered during the lockdown.
* The fashion shows at Feeric Fashion Week ended on Saturday night, in The Small Square – Piața Mică, with the Feeric Gala, the grand final event of the fashion week in Sibiu.
Lily of the Valley – For the Spring-Summer 2021 collection Lily of The Valley celebrated femininity inspired by nature’s beauty. Using refined natural materials and embroidery in organic shades mirroring nature, the collection suggests a feeling of sophistication and elegance.
Valentina Zeed – The creator addresses modern, romantic, sensual women, but also business women, independent, confident and confident, ready to conquer the world. The young designer wants that each to be unique and fabulous in its creations, these being distinguished by refinement, elegance and style.
Olga Mihoc – The garments in the MOtion collection combine contemporary styles specific to the active lifestyle of women with an emphasis on various elements such as pockets, collars, lapels, zippers, fringes, lines constructive-decorative, which outlines as a whole its artistic concept.
Bisoulovely – To give magic and wonder a physical form,
Inessa Creations Monaco – Award Winner and eco responsible Monegasque brand which is building a human connection based on the social codes by touching people from the aesthetic aspect in order to resonate inside them and build a community where everyone can share and show their true colours by being and feeling unique.
Regarding the beauty direction, this year confirmed the tradition of teaming up once again with Cristian Buca key make-up artist and Geta Marin key hair-stylist.
Feeric Fashion Week was organized by Mitichi Foundation and was co-financed by The Sibiu Local Council through The City Hall of Sibiu and The County Council of Sibiu. This edition was supported by Ford, Label M, Paese and Visit.Sibiu.