Gianni Versace – Retrospective – the exhibition
The Kronprinzenpalais, in Berlin, will turn into Gianni’s world for almost a quarter of a year: culture, fashion, music, inspiration. It had to be here, the exhibition of one of the greatest designers of all times. And it had to be this year, after the touching and wonderful moment honouring him, presented by Donatella Versace, at Milan Fashion Week in the fall.
Gianni Versace very first fashion show was organised in 1978 in the small city of Lippstadt. In 1994 Gianni had his first exhibition in Berlin and was so fascinated, that he planned to come back. He wasn’t, but after 40 years after he founded his brand in 1978, assembled by private collectors all over the world, a beautiful exhibition in his memory was organised at Berlin.
Gianni Versace – Retrospective will be held at Kronprinzenpalais (Palace of the Crown Prince) at Berlin’s Boulevard Unter den Linden (www.retrospective-gianniversace.com: email@example.com) between 30th January to 14th April 2018.
Gianni Versace was known fort he enactment of his life and work. By that he created in a very short time a very strong and memorable brand. The collaboration with the times bespoken photographers as Helmut Newton, Richard Avedon, Bruce Weber, Peter Lindbergh created a vibrant and intense iconic image still remembered today.
What is going to be on display?
- more than 300 outfits, iconic pieces of fashion history.
- the stunning outfits once presented by the times top models as Naomi Campbell, Claudia Schiffer, Linda Evangelista, Kate Moss on the catwalk or for celebrities as Lady Diana, Elton John (a custom watch), Sting (his wedding suit), George Michael or Anna Wintour.
- the richly applicated corsage (Bondage Collection) from Gianni Versace’s High Fashion Show 1992 in the Ritz Carlton in Paris, presented by the model Nadège du Bospertus, a muse of Gianni and Giorgio Armani. The same corsage was used for the 1992 campaign shooting by Gianni Versace.
- breathtaking accessories and interior design, including a reproduction of Gianni Versace’s bedroom from his famous Miami-Mansion.
- one more highlight of the exhibition: the bustier from 1991/92 with the portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer, the muse of Gustav Klimt.
- The exhibition and numerous additional events will revive the spirit of Gianni Versace, expressing a powerful idea and emotional approach to his way of life and work.
Photography: copyright by Hermine Björkman (Monaco)