I am an Italy fan: I love the food, the music, the language, the little colourful villages by the sea. And I’ve never seen a happier and more romantic city as Naples. And, as she could read minds, Lucia Pica, the creative director of Chanel, took the beautiful city of Naples to be the inspiration for Chanel Neapolis Spring/Summer 2018 collection. We are going to have a beautiful Italian summer!
Naples’ ever-changing landscape, layered with history, meaning and metaphor, provides the inspiration for colours, moods and techniques that offer a warm, rich and unexpectedly Mediterranean approach for the house. I was surprised by the beautiful colours of nail polish, by the bright shadows in eye palette and I cannot wait to try the new lip powder. On the wish list? Parthenope, a nude peachy caramel lipstick.
Chanel Neapolis Spring/Summer 2018 is available in Chanel Fragrance & Beauty Concept Store, in Baneasa Shopping City. (www.chanel.com, www.baneasashoppingcity.ro)
The inspiration points? The beautiful architecture, the surprising palette of greens, yellows, golds, reds and blacks. The volcanic landscape of Vesuvius. The artistic legacy – including the pigments of the frescoes in Villa Poppaea in Oplontis and the decoration of Baroque churches with the occasional priceless Caravaggio painting within.
How does the Chanel Spring/Summer 2018 collection looks like?
- Central to the collection is the limited edition LES 9 OMBRES eyeshadow palette containing an enticing spectrum of brighter and more muted shades. For added intensity, Lucia Pica looks to green: OMBRE PREMIÈRE Crème in Verderame is an exceptional dusty grey-green with a subtle metallic sheen.
- For the lips, something special: POUDRE À LÈVRES, an entirely new and artisanal approach to lip colour inspired by traditional tempera techniques used to create the ancient frescoes.
- In addition to the lip powders, there are no fewer than ten other choices of colour for the lips, from the bright poppy and raspberry shades of the ROUGE ALLURE and ROUGE ALLURE VELVET lipsticks to the glisteningly ethereal shades of ROUGE COCO GLOSS.
- Nails offer another chance to play: for Spring / Summer 2018. Lucia Pica offers her first pastel shades, including Nuvola Rosa, a “pastel pink cloud” and Verde Pastello, a delicate mint green, but also a bright orange with Arancio Vibrante. Giallo Napoli – “bright Naples yellow” refers to the affresco picture, the famous colour used in paints.
- For the face, inspired by the view of the mountains view at sunset, JOUES CONTRASTE blush in Foschia Rosa is a poetic dusting of pink that will instantly enliven the complexion.
Photography: (C) Chanel
Where fashion meets travel