It’s Design Week again: 5 things to know about RDW 2017
Sometimes, May doesn’t mean just the (real) beginning of the spring. For some years, May means to me the good combination of arts, music &design. And I mean SoNoRo concerts at the mansion, the Venice biennale, the new art exhibitions in town and, of course, Romanian Design Week. And, because I know it’s overwhelming (last year I needed a couple of days to see and experience everything), here are the most important points of Romanian Design Week 2017.
1. There will be 200 projects, created by 150 designers, graphic designers, architects. So, take your time to wander the special places of RDW 2017 (Main Venue and the Creative District, with all the venuses, galleries, museums, coffee shops and other creative spaces – the map here – CREATIVE DISTRICT MAP.
2. The works from the fifth edition of RDW will be exposed in the space on 45 Grigore Cobalcescu street, Bucharest, and the design of the entire space (no less than 400 square meters) will be signed by Attila Kim.
3. RDW Main Venue will host the best deign projects from the last year from architecture, urbanist projects, object design, graphic and illustration, fashion design.
4. The participants will be: 41 architectural projects form 32 creative studios (9 Opțiune, ADNBA, Atelier A2, Atelier Mass, ateliercetrei, Attila Kim, Beros Abdul Arhitecți Asociați (BA +), Bogdan Ciocodeică, Diana Roșu, Calup, Corvin Cristian, cumulus, Dico&Țigănaș, Filofi şi Trandafir Arhitectură, Grosu Art Studio, Internio +, Ioka Design, Iulian Ungureanu, Iungo Studio, Lama, MBSP, Someș Delivery, Miso Architects, pandapanda, POSTER, re-act now, Republic of Architects, Simona Pribeagu Schmid, STARH, Twins Studio, Vitamin A, Vlad Sebastian Rusu, Octav Silviu Olănescu, Anamaria Olănescu, Anda Gheorghe, Zeppelin); 50 works from graphic design (Andreea Chirică, Balamuc, Bianca Dumitrașcu & Alina Vârlănuță, Camellie, Carla Duschka – Atelierul de grafică, Creionetica, Cristina Mocan, Daniel & Andrew, Dragoș Dogaru, Gelu Florea, GRAPHO_MAT, Ioana Trușcă, Irina Neacșu, Kadna Anda, Kape Illustration, Kitra, Lea Rasovszky, Letinu Filip, Lia Bira, LOOT Studio, Loreta Isac, Maria Bălan, Măscărici, Mircea Moroianu, Mihai Mănescu, Oana Voicu, Paul Dersidan, Radu Manelici, Raymond Bobar, Rizi, Bianca Tămășan/George Roșu/ Ioana Șopov, Paula Rusu și Ioana Brăduleț pentru ROD Cărturești, Saddo&CAP, sandwich SHOP, Save or Cancel, The Orion, Victor Bartis); 55 projects of object design (201 Design Studio, Agnes Lukacs, Alex Pintea, Anca Fetcu Lupu, Atelier Mustață- Ciprian Andrei, ateliercetrei, Color, Constantin Alupoaei, coolwoolstudio, Cosânzeana, Coralevici Ana-Maria, CRESC, Daniela Gheorghiu, Dare to Rug, Cristina Enuta, Dizainăr Studio (Mihnea Ghildusș, Raul Cadar, Magda Traciu), Dragoș Costache, Elena Țara, Iungo Studio, IZZIDESIGNBOX, Kaptura de Aer (Veronica Olariu), Mădălina Andronic, Mădălina Teler, masSa, Meze Audio, MORMI, Octavian Gugu, OONA Studio, Prototip Studio, Radu Abraham, Radu Comșa, Radu Ungureanu & ROD Cărturești, studio mud., Twins Studio, UBIKUBI, Woodish, XYZ, Zsolt Szász); 20 fashion collections (Adelina Ivan, Alexandru Floarea, Alexandru Simedru, Ana Alexe, Andra Handaric, Andreea Ciungan, Andreea Tincu, ARGO by Andreea Buga, Borbala Ferencz, Cactus the Brand, Carmen Secăreanu, Emese Bakó, Ioana Ciolacu, Ioana Grama, LANA, Lena Criveanu, Sabina Pop, Smaranda Almășan, SPOFF, TRAȘKIN).
5. RDW will be open between 20 and 28th of May 2017. More info will be online, on www.institute.ro. facebook.com/romaniandesignweek.
Photography: RDW – Anca Fetcu – object design