7 Sweaters for a Sweet November
Some people say Sunday is for museums. I would say any day is perfect for good art and cool exhibitions. I don’t know about you, but for this urban escapades all I need is a good smartphone, a cup of coffee (to go) and a cozy sweater to keep me warm on the city streets. Therefore, here are my 7 choices of sweaters for this month and their little charming details…
Let’s start: all the sweaters are from www.chic-paris-bucarest.com.
1. These are (probably) the coolest sweaters of the season. I will wear the red one from Absolut Cashmere in a smoggy morning, to give me an extra-shot of energy. With indigo jeans, a crisp white shirt underneath, an oversized tote bag and some burgundy leather gloves. Love the messages, also. CLICK HERE to buy the sweater.
Of course, the next stop will be London, Victoria & Albert Museum, for “Fashion from Nature” exhibition.
2. Reach for the stars! I will choose not a visit to the planetarium, but a blue navy sweater with white stars, by Berenice. This will be perfect with white jeans, boots and a padded jacket (as I saw in Chanel, Sacai or Alexandre McQueen catwalks this fall/winter 2018/2019 season). CLICK HERE to buy the sweater.
The exhibition I am heading to dressed like that? To “Christian Dior: Designer of Dreams” in London, of course.
3. Let’s play a little! The sweater from Absolut Cashmere is funny enough to go on a Sunday afternoon to some creative workshops in a museum. I will mix it with a pair of grey soft cashmere pants and some white sneakers. My messenger blue bag will do the rest. CLICK HERE to buy the sweater.
The destination? Of course, Fondation Louis Vuitton, when the double exhibition Jean-Michel Basquiat – Egon Schiele has just opened to the public.
4. For serious business, I will need a serious sweater. Like… a man’s sweater (Peter Cofox & Casual Esprit). There is no other item that goes better with a mini leather skirt and over-knee boots. CLICK HERE to buy the sweater.
Of course, in this outfit I will go straight to Mary Quant exhibition (if you do the same, do not miss the treasure hunt initiated by the curators!)
5. I am not usually in the mood for romantic outfits, but certain places give me a melancholic vibe. For those moments in a cool November, a delicate yet warm & cozy beige sweater from Intropia is just perfect. With a white silk top underneath and wool flared pants. CLICK HERE to buy the sweater.
Where should I go? of course, nothing can be more romantic than a lace & silk exhibition – therefore Haute Dentelle exhibition in Calais (with works from designers as Alberta Ferretti, Dior, Jean Paul Gaultier, Iris van Herpen, Louis Vuitton, Maison Margiela, Schiaparelli, Valentino, Viktor&Rolf) is the place to be.
6. Add a splash of colour! And a bit of sparkle! The red sweater from Berenice and sparkling pants could be an outfit to try, especially on s Saturday afternoon, when the schedule could include, eclectic, an art exhibition, a brunch with friends and a club evening. CLICK HERE to buy the sweater.
The art museum to go to will be… Munich Gallery IMMAGIS, where a lovely book of the photographer Ellen von Unwerth is waiting for me.
7. I think I may have an obsession with stars these days. But the thin nice grey sweater (with stars on the back!) from Leo & Ugo seems ideal in an outfit with black leather pants and a long long cape (as I saw in Christian Dior, Saint Laurent, Jaquemus or Erdem runways). CLICK HERE to buy the sweater.
The place to go to? The Newark Museum, for “Kimono Refashioned: 1870s-Now!” exhibition.